Thursday, March 09, 2006

Better late than never

Well, I suppose I could have directed the thirsty-for-the-Word congregation to my blogspot via my fraught mobile phone call to the churchwarden, for I had posted the second Lenten address even before I preached it. I arrived a little late due to travel hitches, to the 7.30 Compline. Thank God for collegiality. And for Fr John Gowen who began the liturgy.

At least I slid in at just the right point for the Bible Reading and address. So in actual fact they didnt really miss out on anything at all. But it did get me thinking that if I hadnt turned up at the right time, what would have happened? Would I have got an official warning? Would I have been sacked? Or would I have been forgiven? Mmmm.

As it was, I asked for forgiveness and they were gracious enough to bestow that upon me. One nice person came up and tapped me on the shoulder and said, 'You did so well. That was very professional.' Moments like that are worth freeze-framing. They don't happen very often.

No comments: